Wild Game Preparation And Woodland Cookery Day.
Wild Game is one of the finest quality meats and game preparation is an essential skill for long term wilderness survival.
On this Hands-on Wild Game Preparation and Woodland Cookery course you will learn from a qualified butcher;
- How to correctly remove the skin from both deer and rabbits
- Game birds Duck, Pheasant,Pigon
- fish prep
- Food preparation hygiene
- Looking for signs of disease
- Ageing the deer.
- Cutting, jointing, deboning
- And more…
During this workshop you will also learn from an experienced wilderness living skills instructor;
- Preserving food .
- woodland recipes.
- Correctly storing meat.
- How to utilize leftovers from a carcass i.e. sinews/rendering fats and crafting bone tools.
- Fire Construction and Firelighting using modern and primitive ways.
- No pots and pans cooking.
- And more…
What is included:
A big bag of meat for the freezer!!!!
All tools will be provided (please bring your own if you wish).
A hot and cold lunch option.
Tea, Coffee, Water.
For guidance on kit please follow this link.
Start time: 09.00
Finish time: 18.00
Full location details sent upon booking confirmation.
Duration: 1 day
Age range: 16+ Unless accompanied by a full paying adult.
please enquire for private group bookings.